After the year we just had, we all deserve to treat ourselves to a little something, you know, for the effort! Dr. Velasco thinks you deserve a new smile for the New Year, and we can give you just that with the application of porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are placed over the front surfaces of your teeth. You can use a single veneer or more to cover up a misshapen tooth or tooth that has a cosmetic flaw such as a chip. Or, if you want an entire new smile, Dr. Velasco can place beautiful porcelain veneers on all of your visible teeth. Now your smile will be bright white and flawless.
Here are five things we love about porcelain veneers for 2021.
- They close gaps and hide imperfections. If you have a couple gaps between your teeth, you could spend some serious money and devote about a year to using orthodontics to move the teeth together. Or, you can have veneers placed on the teeth and, voila, the gap is gone.
- Truly white teeth. If you were given the antibiotic tetracycline as a kid, there’s a good chance it caused deep staining in your teeth. That’s because at a certain point in tooth development, tetracycline should not be used. They know this now, but back in the 60s and 70s they didn’t. Deep staining like this cannot be whitened with in-office or at-home teeth whitening treatments. But porcelain veneers can cover the stained teeth and give you a brilliant smile. Also, dental porcelain is highly resistant to staining, far more so than natural tooth enamel, so your teeth with stay white and beautiful.
- Cover cracks and chips. Did you chip a tooth biting into something but didn’t bother having it fixed with a crown or dental bonding? As long as the chip isn’t endangering the overall health of the tooth, a veneer can cover the chip and no one will know. The same is true for a small crack in a tooth.
- Straighten your teeth without orthodontics. If you didn’t get to be a part of the almost universal high school torture that is braces, your teeth probably have some issues with alignment. It’s incredibly rare for anyone to have perfectly straight teeth without help. But you can use porcelain veneers instead of orthodontics to cover us these cosmetic alignment problems without the pain and hassle of braces.
- No more gummy smile. If your smile shows more gum than you’d like, that can be corrected with porcelain veneers. Since Dr. Velasco custom fits each veneer to each individual tooth, they can provide the balance between gum and tooth that you’re hoping for.
Those are just five things we love about porcelain veneers at Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry. We could go on, but you get the idea. Having a perfect smile can really change how you feel about your teeth and your smile. It’s a key part of the first impression you make when meeting a person for the first time.
If you’re interested in a new smile for a New Year, give us a call at Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, 713-960-9623, and set up a consultation with Dr. Velasco for porcelain veneers.