It’s still pretty toasty here in Houston despite supposedly being “Fall.” However, Fall is coming and with it is the Holidays and “Party Season” to follow. Between work, friends and relatives, you’ll have plenty of parties and dinners to be apart of and socialize in, so ask yourself:
Is your smile up to it?
Your smile plays a bigger role in your self-esteem than you may even be conscious of and that is why, many people come to Dr. Velasco and our team at Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry; not only because they are having dental problems, such as decay and/or missing teeth but also because they are not happy with their overall dental appearance. You may have teeth that are “healthy”, but they may be uneven, chipped, cracked or badly stained and you probably have always wished to change or improve the beauty of your smile.
Although cosmetic dentistry is portrayed by many as a specialty, it is not; it is a subspecialty, based on the understanding of form and function, and how they all relate to dental materials. In general, the specialty of Prosthodontics is the specialty which takes all these topics and goes in depth for better understanding your smile.
At Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry, we use cosmetic procedures to improve our patients’ teeth shape, whiteness, position, alignment, and overall appearance.
Some of the more common cosmetic procedures we provide are:
- Bonding – A tooth-colored dental resin (composite) used to close gaps, change the color of the tooth caused by staining and repair chips/cracks in teeth.
- Contouring and Reshaping – This technique is used when a small amount of tooth enamel is needed to change in shape/size. A simple procedure like this is painless and quick with a great impact on the appearance.
- Veneers – Ultra-thin porcelain shells that are placed over the front of the tooth. Veneers can change the color and shape of the teeth and can correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped and even oddly shaped teeth.
- Whitening – We offer in-house and custom take home whitening services.
- Implants – Although implants are not technically considered cosmetic, they play a big role in building and maintaining a healthy oral environment. Implants are designed to give you the function of your natural teeth and also used to retain your bone at a healthy level. When we loose a tooth and do not replace it, internally our bone begins to dissolve causing a myriad of additional problems, for this reason replacing and restoring your teeth to perfect function results in having a youthful and beautiful smile.
Why should I consider Cosmetic Dentistry?
Here at Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry we believe that you should consider Cosmetic Dentistry if you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see in your smile, if you have been told by your general Dentist or your Periodontist that your you are losing or have lost one or more teeth and your oral health and appearance are not ideal. Healthy means beautiful, natural is appealing. The goal of every procedure is to improve the aesthetics of your smile, whether it be big or small.
So now ask yourself again, is your smile up for it? Is your smile “Party/Holiday Season” ready?
If not, please do not wait any longer and give Dr. Velasco and Uptown Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry a call at 713-960-1017 and let us get your smile ready.